How To Setup The Google Authorship Markup In WordPress
In this webinar you will learn how to add the Google Authorship tag to your blog articles in Google’s search results. Here are the steps covered in this video:
Here are the steps and links shown in the video.
1. Log into wordpress
a. Go to your WordPress Menu and add the “author” relationship to your about page.
b. Link to your Google Profile account using rel=”me” and the rel=”author” tag on your about page where you put the “author” tag on. Use this link below as shown in the video.
- <a rel="me" href="HTTP://ENTERGOOGLEPROFILEURLHERE?rel=author">+GOOGLENAME</a> -
2. Test to see if Google recognizes your authorship
3. Verify your Authorship with Google. You need to add a link from your google+ profile to your website in this specific way.
a. Go to your Google+ profile and go to edit the “Contributor To” section.
b. In the dialog that appears, click Add custom link, and then enter the website URL.
c. Click Save.
4. Connect your Google+ Page Direct Connect
-Add your website link on your Google+ Page
5. Start using the +1 button to let Google know your topics of relevancy