Topic Tuesday – Staging Your Home
Staging A Home? To Do Or Not To Do?
I dedicate this song to all you listing agents out there. In this market home sellers want to get their home sold right? OK, then introduce or inform them about staging their home.
First start off, begin by explaining the concept of staging a home. What’s it good for? The benefits? Who should stage their home, does it work, and how do I know if my home needs to be staged are all things you should include. Are there companies out there? How much does it cost? Is it worth it? Maybe you can provide a checklist or some suggestions based off of your personal experience. Below is a sample outline to get your thoughtsicles going.
1. Intro to Home Staging.
- a. What is it and how can it help or benefit the home seller?
- b. When should they consider staging a home?
2. Tips for the Home Seller
- a. When should a home seller consider staging their home? Answer this question, how do I know if my home needs to be staged?
- b. If they are doing it themselves, what are some things they can do to spruce up and make their home more appealing?
- c. Home staging companies. How much do they usually cost? Can they do it themselves?
- a. Remind them what home staging is good for, who should consider it, and let them know this isn’t a “must-do” for a home seller.
- b. If you have a checklist in mind include it.
Well this should be enough to get you going. Add to it as much as you’d like and you’ll be good to go.
Now go and blog.